Expressing your love and appreciation for your boyfriend or husband is far more important than you think!
When you’re in a relationship with someone, people tend to assume that their partner knows what they are thinking or feeling.
But this mostly could not be further from the truth!
Deep down, we’re all insecure and riddled with self-doubt…
That’s why it’s so important to tell him how much you love him!
It will make your boyfriend or husband feel valued and appreciated. It will also encourage him to return the gesture and express his feelings for you, which in turn will make you feel more secure in the relationship.
When Should You Tell Your Boyfriend You Love Him?
The answer to this question is very simple: you should tell your boyfriend you love him whenever you feel like it.
In case it’s not possible because one of you is busy or currently unavailable, it’s best to wait for the moment when you can be sure you have his attention and that he will be able to receive what you’re trying to communicate to him.
Alternatively, you can always send him a text or leave him a little note he can open and read whenever he is ready.
This way, you don’t have to worry about the timing being right.
When to Tell Your Boyfriend You Love Him for the First Time
Telling your boyfriend you love him for the first time can be very vulnerable. That’s why it’s important not to rush it and to only do it when it feels right.
For example, I told my boyfriend (now fiancée) that I loved him while we were snuggling in bed.
It was a very special moment, a memory of which gives me warm fuzzy feelings up until this day…
I did it about three months into our relationship.
But there are no fixed rules here…
On average, research has found that men wait about three months to say ‘I love you’ for the first time, while women tend to need five months before their first love confession.
What to Do if You Want to Tell Him You Love Him, but You’re Scared
If you want to tell your boyfriend that you love him, but you’re scared, then maybe you’re simply not ready to do it yet.
After all, it takes time to build trust in a new relationship.
So don’t be hard on yourself and don’t let yourself be pressured by societal norms and imposed deadlines!
But if you feel like your fears send you into a spiral of doubt and overthinking, it might be helpful to try to sit down and figure out what exactly are you so scared of.
Also, in my experience, sometimes you just have to take the leap and say the scary thing anyway!
It often ends up being much less of a big deal in retrospect.
50 Heartfelt Ways To Tell Him You Love Him
Here are some paragraphs you can use to express your appreciation and love for your boyfriend or husband. They can be used in person as well as for calls or over text.
I’ll start off with some general ideas that can be used almost on any occasion:
1. I feel happy when I’m with you
2. The time we spend together is really special to me. You make me feel alive.
3. I love to see you smile. It makes me happy when you’re happy.
4. You are my favorite person.
5. I can never have enough of you.
6. Being with you can never be boring.
7. I’m so happy to have met you.
8. You are simply the best.
9. You are my best friend.
And last but not least:
10. I love you!
Another great way to tell your boyfriend you love him is by appreciating something they said or did:
11. I really appreciate the efforts you’ve been making to impress me.
12. Thank you for being so loving and generous!
13. I had so much fun last weekend! Thank you for the wonderful time we spent together!
14. Thank you for being there for me. I really appreciate how helpful and thoughtful you are!
15. I really love how caring and generous you’ve been towards me.
16. Thank you for checking in on me. It’s so thoughtful of you to always remember to ask me how my day was.
17. I love how relaxed you are. You really help me calm down and chill out after a hard week. I really value this about you.
18. Thank you for being so patient and understanding towards me. I know I can be difficult at times…
19. Everything you do makes me fall more and more in love with you.
20. My life is so much better now, since you’re a part of it!
The next way you can tell your boyfriend you love him is by complimenting him on something you genuinely value about him.
Here are some examples for you:
21. I love how alive and energetic you are. It’s a great motivator and I have so much fun when we’re together.
22. You’re simply the best looking man in the world. I can’t keep my hands off of you!
23. I had a great time on our last date. Our conversation was so interesting! I really appreciate how smart and informed you are.
24. You looked so good last time we saw each other. I love your style!
25. I love how bold you are! You can really get me out of my comfort zone and let me experience things I wouldn’t dare try on my own!
26. You’re so passionate about things! I really love that about you. You are amazing. Never doubt that!
27. I love your taste in music. You made me discover so many awesome tracks!
28. I love how serious you can get about topics you care about. It makes me feel safe to be with a man who has a strong sense of direction!
29. You always take your responsibilities seriously. I really value that about you! I feel like I can count on you to always keep your word when it matters.
30. You’re always so calm and level-headed. You’re like a stable rock in my life, I can always lean on whenever I need you. Thank you for being there for me!
Flirting is yet another great and playful way to express your love for him. Giving him little hints that want him is bound to make him want you more…
Here are flirty paragraphs to tell your boyfriend you’re crazy about him:
31. Whenever I’m lying on your chest, I feel like I’m in the safest place in the world. I wish I could just stay there 24/7.
32. I love the shape of your lips… Can I trace it with my fingers?
33. Your hands are so big and strong. I love the way they feel on my body.
34. I had a dream about you last night. Guess what happened again…
35. It’s impossible to get any work done today because I can’t stop thinking about you.
36. I miss the feeling of having your strong arms wrapped around me.
37. I was thinking about last night all day today. Can’t wait to do it again.
38. I love the way you kiss me.
39. You make my dreams come true. In particular, a certain type of dream…
40. I’m so lucky to have found a guy who is smart, funny and insanely hot!
It’s also possible to show your boyfriend just how much you love him without using words. You can simply do things that will make him feel loved and appreciated.
Here are some examples of what I mean:
41. Give him a long hug out of the blue
42. Give him a heartfelt kiss
43. Play his favorite video game with him
44. Suggest watching a movie you know he loves
45. Give him a massage
46. Snuggle up to him
47. Take his hand and hold it while walking
48. Ask him questions about something you know he is really into
49. Give him a hand massage
50. Ask him what he wants to do and then go do that thing
Hope you liked my paragraphs to tell your boyfriend you love him.
If you want to know how to better inspire him to return your gesture, be sure to check out my other post: These 10 Little Things Will Make Your Partner Love You More
Expressing feelings comes naturally to some people, while others struggle with it. I used to have a much harder time expressing my appreciation too, so I get how scary it can feel to show vulnerability and put yourself out there in this way!
If you feel like you could do with some support when it comes to this kind of struggle, you can find the help you need in a coaching call.
Here we will listen to you about your fears and blocks, and give you strategies on how to approach them and what to do to overcome them.
We will also give you tips on how to be more confident and doubt yourself less.
If you have any questions about this article or about our coaching, leave me a comment and I’ll get back to you!
- 15 Surprising Signs Your Ex Will Eventually Come Back - 22. September, 2022
- 17 Subtle Signs He Is Slowly Falling For You - 18. September, 2022
- When Someone You Love Hurts You Deeply – How to Get Through It - 6. September, 2022